Welcome back to school, we hope you all had an enjoyable half term. We have had a very busy first week back; on Tuesday we welcomed Dan Worlsey and his multicoloured storytelling waistcoat to school. All children enjoyed his sessions and listening to some of his stories.
On Thursday, the infants went on a bear hunt at Borwick Hall – they all had a thoroughly enjoyable day taking part in various land and water-based activities.
This morning, during their maths session, the lower juniors counted the pennies which were collected as part of our Platinum Jubilee celebrations – the total raised was over £63.00 which will be donated to one of the Queen’s chosen charities.
This week we have said goodbye to Yalta and her family who are moving to Edinburgh. We hope you will be very happy in your new school and settle quickly into your new city life.
Infant Class Newsletter – please find attached a separate infant newsletter giving you specific information on the focus of studies for this term.
Walk 2 School – our first Walk 2 School this half term was well attended with 17 children walking up to school and enjoying breakfast together. Our next Walk 2 School is planned for Tuesday 21st June.
KS2 RSE – attached to the email today is a letter for all parents of KS2 children regarding RSE lessons which will take place this term.
Edinburgh Residential – parents of children going to Edinburgh – medical forms have been handed to children today, please check that nothing has changed, marking onto the from any changes and return to the office for Monday – many thanks. Children will not be able to go without the form being checked and returned.
School Uniform – we’ve noticed recently that the standards of uniform are slipping. We do have a clear uniform policy which can be found on the School Trends website.
Parents may also like to start thinking of putting in their uniform orders for September as there can sometimes be quite a wait when all the orders get put in at once.
Children should be arriving at school wearing:
- Leck logo sweatshirt
- Leck logo polo shirt
- Black or grey trousers or shorts for boys
- Black or grey trousers or skirt for girls (not leggings)
- Green checked dress (no other colours)
For PE, children should wear:
- Leck logo t-shirt
- Black or blue shorts or joggers
The PTFA do have a seconds box of school uniform if anyone would like to come and have a look through please pop into the office. Items are all priced at £1.
REMINDER: School Money – there are still a couple of accounts with balances from last financial year. Please try to make payments as soon as possible. If you are struggling to log in please ask Mrs Knapp.
What’s on this week:
- Monday 13th June – after school science club – 3.15-4.15pm
Coming up this half term
- Tuesday 21st June – walk 2 school
- Wednesday 22nd June – upper juniors to Edinburgh
- Friday 24th June – upper juniors back from Edinburgh
- Monday 27th June – juniors YDNP workshop
- Tuesday 28th June – juniors Heaves Farm visit
- Friday 1st July – juniors cluster rounders @ Hornby
- Monday 4th July – Reception starters stay for lunch and parent induction 12-1pm
- Monday 11th July – Reception starters stay for lunch
- Tuesday 12th July – sports day (afternoon)
- Wednesday 13th July – whole school trip
- Monday 18th July – leaver’s party (afternoon)
- Monday 18th July – leaver’s service (6pm)
- Tuesday 19th July – PTFA mufti day
- Tuesday 19th July – school closes for summer
- Wednesday 20th July – INSET day.