28th April 2023
We’ve had another lovely week in school. On Tuesday, we sent an upper junior and a lower junior team of footballers out to a cluster competition at Arkholme. The sun was shining, the children worked really hard for each other and showed great teamwork and sportsmanship – well done all!
On Thursday, Mrs Mather took a rather exciting delivery – and we expect to be hearing the tiny chirping of little pheasants and partridges in around 3-4 weeks. Many thanks to Sophia and her family for providing the eggs and equipment.
April Art Challenge – we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to join in with this month’s ‘just for fun’ challenge. The children have taken some wonderful photographs of nature which are now on display in the Junior class’ Art Gallery for anyone who would like to view them.
Infants Outdoor Education Day – all our infant children will be taking part in an outdoor education day at Borwick Hall Education Centre on Tuesday 2nd May – a full information sheet is attached.
Infants Forest School – please can all infant / nursery children come to school in appropriate outdoor clothing as we will be doing some coronation forest school activities during Wednesday morning.
Coronation Lunch – all children have had a special coronation lunch ordered for Friday 5th May, if you DO NOT want your child/ren to have a lunch in school, please email me to OPT OUT. Payment will be available on our SchoolMoney online platform.
Mufti Day – next Friday, children are welcome to come to school in their own clothes as part of our coronation celebrations (red / white / blue theme).
Infants Journeys Trip – Mrs Mather has planned a very exciting journeys trip for all infants on Tuesday 9th May. This will involve a bus ride, a train ride and lots of walking. We will also be having a tour of the Heritage Centre at Carnforth Railway Station. Children will need to be dropped off (9am) and collected from Devils Bridge (3pm) on the day of the trip. A full information sheet will follow next week. Payment of £10.00 per child can be made on SchoolMoney.
Books! Books! Books! – a huge thank you to our wonderful PTFA who donated a substantial amount of money for us to invest in some quality classic and more current Y5/6 guided reading books, as well as enhancing our collection of Lime Band books for the reading scheme.
Children from Y2 to Y4 are already enjoying choosing from the wider choice of Lime books and today, the Y5/6 children thoroughly enjoyed exploring the new books and explaining their reasoning behind the book they chose as their next guided reading novel. Thank you.
PTFA News –
Meeting – we will be holding a meeting in school on Thursday 4th May @ 3.15pm to discuss plans for the term ahead. All money raised by the PTFA benefits all children in school.
What’s on this week:
- Monday 1st May – May Day Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 2nd May – infants Borwick Hall
- Wednesday 3rd May – Reception vision screening
- Wednesday 3rd May – infants forest school session
- Thursday 4th May – PTFA meeting 3.15pm
- Friday 5th May – mufti day (red/ white / blue)
- Friday 5th May – King’s Coronation special lunch
Coming up this half-term:
- Monday 8th May – Coronation Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 9th – Friday 12th – Y6 SATs
- Tuesday 9th May – infants journeys trip
- Monday 15th May – parents celebration assembly for ALL children
- Monday 15th – Friday 19th May – Walk2School week – 8.20am @ Cowan Bridge, every day
- Tuesday 16th May – whole school forest school session to Springs Wood
- Wednesday 17th May – juniors cross country @ Tatham Fells
- Wednesday 24th May – junior visit to St Mary’s Church KL
- Friday 26th May – Bishop Philip visit
- Friday 26th May – school closes for half-term.