What a lovely week we’ve had! The weather couldn’t have been better for our Walk 2 School week and we have had over 20 children taking part each day! Well done to all the children who have taken part over the course of the week. Our next Walk2School will be on Tuesday 6th June.
On Tuesday, the whole school enjoyed a walk down to Springs Wood where they enjoyed a picnic lunch and forest school activities. The children enjoyed seeing the blanket of bluebells and the smell of the wild garlic. We have added some photographs to our Facebook page.
On Wednesday afternoon, Mrs Elliott took a group of junior children up to Tatham Fells to take part in a cluster cross country event. Mrs Elliott commented on how encouraging our children were, cheering on their friends from the finishing line. Well done to all the children who took part.
REMINDER: Parent Governor Nominations – on the new federated governing body, there are places for 2 parent governors – one from each school. Nomination forms were sent home last week. If you wish to put yourself forward, please fill out the form and return by 12noon on Monday 5th June. Thank you.
Juniors Labyrinth Visit – all junior children have been invited to St Mary’s Church in Kirkby Lonsdale on Wednesday 24th May. Children will be transported from school by coach and take part in 3 workshops, before being collected by parents at the Church at 3.10pm. Any infants with junior siblings be collected in Kirkby Lonsdale can be collected after. A full information sheet is attached.
Parents Meeting – Malham – Mr Stafford-Roberts is holding an information session for all parents of pupils going on the Malham Residential Trip in June. The meeting will be held in school on Wednesday 24th May at 5pm, please try to attend.
PTFA News –
Film Night – Thursday 25th May – 3.15pm-5.30pm
Thank you to all those who have RSVP’d and send money for the film night – please can any remaining payments can be sent in next week. Thank you.
Summer 100 Square – each square is £1, the winner will be drawn at the film night and will win 50% of the number of squares sold with the other 50% going into PTFA funds!
Please speak to Rachael Booth or send money in a clearly marked envelope and we will pass it on to the PTFA.
Tuck Shop – end of term sweet treats – 50p bags of sweets will be available from the PTFA tuck shop at the end of the school day on Friday 26th May.
What’s on this week:
- Wednesday 24th May – junior visit to St Mary’s Church KL
- Wednesday 24th May – parents meeting re Malham @ 5pm
- Thursday 25th May – PTFA film night
- Friday 26th May – Bishop Philip visit
- Friday 26th May – PTFA tuck shop
- Friday 26th May – school closes for half-term.
Coming up next half-term:
- Monday 5th June – school reopens
- Monday 5th June – whole school photograph
- Tuesday 6th June – walk2school 8.20am @ Cowan Bridge
- Thursday 8th June – kwik cricket @ Over Kellet
- Tuesday 13th June – juniors Tower Wood visit
- Monday 19th – Wednesday 21st June – juniors Malham residential
- Wednesday 5th July – lower juniors orienteering @ Quernmore
- Wednesday 5th July – upper juniors cricket @ Carnforth
- Friday 7th July – PTFA social evening
- Monday 10th – Wednesday 12th July – Arts week – dance / drama / music
- Thursday 14th July – sports morning
- Monday 17th July – leavers service
- Wednesday 19th July – school closes for Summer.